Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Just some fun motivation!


So how do we make adopting new life changes fun? Well, sometimes it can be hard to do. When you are just craving some chocolate, or the scales won't tip in your favor fast enough, or you fail and have a bad day of eating and are so bummed and down, it gets hard to stay motivated.



God knew that we would get down. He knew that we had a tough row to hoe when it came to spreading the gospel, and living godly lives. However, HE gave us an awesome verse-one of many- to help us stay motivated! Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.



When I read this verse it makes me want PRAY about my struggles! It makes me think about the awesome POWER of the Lord I serve. It makes me remember He has already won my battles, I just have to get up and try again.



Now, laughter is a very good source of motivation and it helps things stay fun. For those of you who really know me, I would say that you know I love to laugh and have a good time. I also love being active. Surprising to some since I have openly disclosed that I am on the super obese charts! But, hey, I am working on changing my thinking in the inner me in order to change the outer me! Just one step of many I'll be taking on this journey to a Healthier Me!



Tonight, I wanted to find me some fun things to enjoy and try to motivate myself. So needing a laugh or two or fifty, I have been hard at it for about an hour now. Here are some of the best videos that got me thinking on how to make a healthy lifestyle fun, stay on a budget, and a little inspiration too!



I hope you enjoy a few minutes of fun! Now, if you can set your computer up where you can stand and walk or jog or dance around in place while you watch you can be burning up some calories. "You've got to move it, move it!" (The first person to hit my email with the name of the movie that little ditty comes from gets a PRIZE!)



Okay....prepare to get motivated. Warning...Laughter is AHEAD!!!





http://youtu.be/keWCS942iFM This one is a great way to use your kids as free weights!!! I must add, that while this is funny, please, take note that using the Lord's name in vain is NOT COOL! It is SIN! Pray for him!



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7c9GNbwEO8 Anyone who has or works with small children should see this. Exercising, keeping them entertained, and laughing too! She has other great videos too. You should check out more of her things!



NOW for those of you out there that are feeling like NOTHING. I understand that! If you look in the mirror and see only negatives, I understand that too. However, YOU MATTER! YOU HAVE VALUE! YOU CAN SUCCEED! The only way you will fail is to stop trying! Take a look at this one.



http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=inspirational+videos&view=detail&mid=6428B1DB4AC932868B8D6428B1DB4AC932868B8D&first=0&FORM=LKVR23



NOW, which one do you want to be?

I want to LIVE. I want to be STRONG. I want to be HEALTHY. I want to be a WORKER for the LORD. I want to be an ENCOURAGER to YOU.

May the Lord bless our souls today as we seek to stay motivated to live a healthy life. May we be thankful for our health, may we work hard each day to care for our bodies and serve in HIS kingdom.

As always, I thank you for the love and support you have given me on this journey. I am a little frustrated tonight because the scales are tipping too SLOW. I have to remind myself I am deprogramming at least 20 years of bad food practices. I have to remind myself, that every walk, every lifted weight, every prayer for my success, each failure, and each get up and try again will get me to my goal on my journey STEPS TO A HEALTHIER ME!

I am also excited about a new program of Bible study I will be starting tomorrow. To learn more about it check out this blog: http://cindycolley.blogspot.com/2011/08/how-to-dig-deep-for-meat-of-word.html

Well, I must get some sleep! It is 12:12 AM! Love and hugs to all of you. If you need someone to talk  one on one with, to pray for you, or to just be a friend, please send me an email to stepstoahealthierme@gmail.com I'll help you any way I can. I don't have all the answers, but we can look for them together!











No comments:

Post a Comment