Friday, January 11, 2013

2013...Do You Have Your Journey Planned Yet?


2013 started off with me a whole lot lighter than I was at the start of 2012! I am thrilled with my weight loss success of the last year, but let me tell you folks I am hungry for more!

I want to share with you some of my goals, motivators, and tools. Why? I want to share health and hope and have as many people with me on this journey to better health too. The more of you who encourage me, or receive encouragement from my own journey will boost me along…especially when those valleys hit…and they always do!
My main goal is to continue on a road to better health. Losing 40 pounds since the first of August last year has been a great thing for me. I know my hard work, and better self control is the main reason, but folks I found some POWERFUL tools that have helped me on this journey!
The number on the scale doesn’t really matter to me. It is the things in life I can accomplish with a healthy body. Like, running up the stairs with my tiny tot 3 year-old niece in my arms to play “UPSTAIRS!!!” and be able to go straight to playing…not gasping like a guppy out of water to catch my breath. And the ability to rise from the floor with ease…I mean, how can you play with a small child and not get in the floor?!?

The ability to conquer mountain trails, to swim circles around my teenage nieces, or to be physically able to go help my 13 year-old nephew pull a big old deer out of the woods is nice too. Life on the side lines…it just is not appealing!


My biggest motivation is to be healthy. And my biggest motivators are my family and our desire to solve some health issues for all of us, but one in particular. Getting healthy by household instead of individual is so much easier! So very, very blessed! My brother-in-law, Jerry/Jerome/Jer, is the dry comic in the bunch…his zingers are usually totally out of left field, and I often crack up over them for days afterwards! My sister Molly, is the fire ball, go getter, cheer leader, CRAZY LADY, and the “We’re doing it.”, in the house! She keeps us on our toes. Then we have my sweet mother Margaret. She is the one who keeps us all level headed! She listens, and she helps. She just told me today as I made up my plan, “Just let me know what you need me to do to help.” I also have kids in this family that encourage me to get fit by exercising with me, praising me, or simply by just “being” they make me want to be healthier so I can play more with them. Mom is also filling the role of our “Juicing Master”. I think juicing and I will be friends for life!
I also have some motivation that comes from a huge support network behind some great tools and products that found me last year. AdvoCare is the name, and health and hope is the game folks. The feel good and the effectiveness of the AdvoCare products that I use make me a very grateful product advocate. I LOVE the AdvoCare network that connects me with medical professionals at the corporate head quarters and thousands of people on their own journey to health and wellness too. Healthy living advice at the tips of my fingers! I am so lucky to have found this amazing line of products, and blessed to be part of such a healthy and helpful group of amazing and caring people. 

The desire to be healthy can be easily side tracked. Goal setting is a must. Goals are most often accomplished when they are written down, talked about, and when you have folks holding you accountable. So, make a plan. Talk about your plan to a person or people you trust, that will motivate you, and start your journey to a healthier you.

Remember that one of the best ways to sideline your goals is to not take them a step at a time, but you will never even come close to your goals if you never set them or start your plan of action!
                       
I am posting a link below to Choose the Challenge. It is a site that will tell you all about the 24 Day Challenge…the heavy hitter in my arsenal folks! It is also an EXCELLENT tool to help you best utilize the 24 Day Challenge. The Choose the Challenge cookbook is a great reference and is available to you at this site.

I hope your 2013 is filled with health and hope. I would love to hear about your weight loss goals. Your tips about weight loss will be very welcome! I love informational sites, and would love to have links sent to me to study things for myself!

You may send emails to me at: stepstoahealthierme@gmail.com 

You may visit Choose the Challenge at: http://www.choosethechallenge.com/120819680

I can’t wait to hear from you. Thank you in advance for your encouragement as I continue making Steps to a Healthier Me!

Have a wonderful 2013!
Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment