Monday, September 12, 2011

Looking for Motivation in the Right Place!





Today finds me a little less motivated than I would like to be. I have been nursing a sore foot and this has kept me from being able to get my daily walk in as I would like to! There are a few things going on in my personal life that have got me a little bummed out too. So today I think I need to turn to Scripture and get some of His Words in my soul. I hope you find them helpful.

"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever." Psalm 23

This passage reminds me that God is my protector, He is provider, and He is my hope!

The Lord will guide you always, he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land. You will be like a spring whose waters never fail. Isaiah 58:11

God will give me all I need no matter what is going on in the world around me.


For God hath not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7
I need to stop being afraid I'll fail. When I have an off day, miss my stride, or fall on my face, I need to get up, face the problem and move on with God around me as my shield!

Okay, I feel better. Just knowing that God is in control and is looking over me makes me feel safe, and very comforted.

I can not control others, only myself. Sometimes my biggest enemy IS myself and I struggle with this inner me. That is when I need to pray the hardest, seek the Word of God for guidance, and seek trusted Christian friends/accountability partners/sponsors to help me through the tough times.

NO ONE has it all together every day! If you are having a down day, a bad day, a goal defeating day, or a just feel bummed in general, remember you are not alone. Reach up, and reach out, but please take action and don't stay where you are,

Stay motivated. Stay focused. Thank you for all the encouragement. In Christian Love, Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment