Monday, September 26, 2011

A BAD DAY


Today was a bad day. I was accused of being two very bad things. I was hurt. I was very angry. I felt unappreciated. I was angry. I was shocked. I was angry. I wanted to get away to process, cry and pray about it, but couldn't at the time and it was just awful. Most of all, I felt as if I must not be living my life so that others can see Christ living in me if those two things could be thought of me. I felt like a failure. It was a bad day.

For those of you who know me, or remember me from my younger years, don't worry. I did not throw anything, or put my fist in anything. I am thankful that I have learned that much self-control. I also did not resort to profanity which at one time used to be a problem for me.

This followed closely on the heals of losing my sweet Goliath on Friday (he was my almost 2 year old dog), and coupled with some family members with health issues at home just made me want to cry, cry, cry. Which I did. Some days on a crying jag will do, and it does help you feel better. Of course I usually vent to God while doing so which helps even more!

I learned something important today. I learned that the desire to feed my emotions when at their lows is FADING!


I wanted to go walk. I want to sweat it out and pray, not find a bowl of ice cream & eat. I also wanted the wise council of a trusted sister in Christ to get feed back and reassurance.

I reacted in a positive way! That is wonderful news for me! I can now rest better knowing that some TERRIBLE habits with food are being brought under control!


I looked up some websites about breaking bad habits. I hope you find them helpful!

http://www.realsimple.com/health/nutrition-diet/healthy-eating/break-bad-eating-habits-10000001667118/index.html

http://www.webmd.com/balance/features/3-easy-steps-to-breaking-bad-habits

The following link is about ways to deal with anger. It has really been a problem for me and I always seek to improve. I am a talker and I obsess with things so this article really provides some great information for me.

http://stress.about.com/od/stresshealth/a/dealing_anger.htm

Just keep trying. That is all I can do when it comes to making positive changes. Many times it is ourselves that is our hardest critic, most harsh judge, and the least loving to ourselves. I want you to stop right now and find a mirror. Look at yourself and tell yourself three things that are good about you. Then figure out a way to help you use those three things to help you get onto a path of better physical and spiritual health.

YOU ARE IMPORTANT! YOU ARE MADE IN THE IMAGE OF GOD!!!

YOU ARE LOVED! GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD THAT HE GAVE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON!!!

YOU CAN DO IT! I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENTHENS ME!!!

Have a marvelous day! I do covet your prayers at this time for some issues of a more private nature within my life. I know God will work it out, but I want to keep my name in HIS ears! We are so blessed to have the sweetness of prayer.

Stay motivated. Keep trying. Always keep God the main thing in your life. Stay focused!

Thank you all for the encouragement and the support! Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment